Saturday 9 January 2010

January Hot Buys review.


What can I say? What a way to start the year. Stardoll have truly outdone themselves. I love almost all of these hotbuys.

The Silver dress - Personally, I'm not that keen on the one shoulder strap idea, but the wet-look affect really works on this cut, pulling the piece together. The colour is neutral, meaning it will fit together with most garments. People with darker skin will be able to pull this of the best, becuase it will bring out the silver. This is one of my favorites :)

The Wrap - I'm not such a big fan of wraps on the whole, and this one is almost an acception. Almost. I didn't this these were really in right now, but clearly stardoll are trying to make a statement. I think if it covered the shoulders, I'd like it more, but it doesn't, so it's a bit disappointing.

The Top - This is a nice, casual tee. It's quite simple and probably wouldn't be seen down a runway, but I like it. It's a nice cut, V-necks being my favourite, making you neck seem longer and would great for going out on the town.

The Cardigan - Definitely on the short list. This is very designer, the clashing flower on the breast, very retro. The belt will make you waist look smaller, and the 6/8 sleeves will make your arms seem slender-er. However, I think this is a bit too Spring to be appearing in January.

The Bracelet - Gorgeous. I love the fact it's silver, very sleek, very stylish.Because this reviews a little bit late, I've seen it in the shops - this versions better.

The Coat - I'd bet you any celebrity would wear this. The detail and embroidery give the coat a texture, adding key elements to the beautiful coral blue. The fact that it's quite long will be a plus for taller people, making legs appear longer, but may make shorter people look slightly dumpy.

The Dress - like the top, it's a bit more casual. Unlike the coat, this will suit shorter people more, because the pulled in waist will make you legs look longer. The print on the skirt is really pretty, in my opinion, and will definitely make a statement in any town center.

The Tights - Are really nice. The Black and Gold contrast beautifully and will make plain dresses look intresting. Gold shorts would also work.

The Bag - It's very Christmasy, but Christmas has been and gone. I'd like it if it was a clutch, or maybe even a shoulder bag, but not a hand bag. I don't like the style, and the white and gold is a bit trashy.

The Shoes - If I was a pair of shoes, I would marry this pair of shoes. The Silver:Gold trend is great, and this is just the cherry on top. I love peep toes, and they would go well with or without tights.

I would like to say here that these our just my opinions, and don't take then to heart if my opinion clashes with your yours. If you like it - go for it.

2 comments:

TheHarryPotterFans said...

well actually, it can be nice. but i personally think that most people wouldn't wear that. it looks like it has been dragged out of a bush backwards. there is gothic but i dont know exactl;y where the glamour is.

it is confusing for the eyes.
at the moment DKNY seens to be the more substancial clothing line. it has everything a girl could wish for. DKNY understand the bondarys of fashion. Fashion isn't picked up by the feet anymore, its picked up by what seems to be the most critical judge and passed on.
This dress is just black string, knitted to make another Micheal Jackson.

meg said...

Well, if you actually watch the Rodarte Fashion show, which you can find on their website you'll see that some of the range is quite glamorous in a weird sort of way. Of course people wouldn't wear it. I mean how many people wear half the stuff on the Catwalk? Lol.

I personally are not to keen on the new 'In the Net' collection on Stardoll, I was merely stating that that dress was my favourite from the whole collection.

Thanks for you comment. ^_^
Meganp969 x